Monday 21 January 2013

my first exhibition

So right now two of my pieces from HNC are being exhibited! I am extremely excited about this as it is the first time my work has been shown outside of college. It is being shown along side many other local artists' work in The Social on South Tay Street in Dundee and is running until the end of Wednesday 23rd of January.

The exhibition was organised and created by my sister, Nicola Coupe, who graduated from DJCAD in June. This is the first exhibition that she alone has put together and I am really pleased for her! So if anyone is in town and would like to have a look please come on down!
This collection of work was based on ripples. And here are some photos..

This piece is made from paper and was achieved by using a batik wax technique and bleach

 This is a textile piece and was achieved by using two layers, both with a batik wax technique along with dyes, cut outs and suspended pieces below.

 Close up on textile piece

So what do you think? Give me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment